Judd Apatow to Be Honored by San Diego Film Festival
The "This Is 40" director will receive the Visionary Filmmaker award during an Oct. 3 gala.
Director Judd Apatow will be honored with the Visionary Filmmaker award during the San Diego Film Festival in October, the SD Film Foundation said Thursday.
"Judd Apatow is indisputably one of the most supremely talented and beloved contemporary filmmakers working today," said festival directors Tonya Mantooth and Dale Strack in a statement. "His body of work transcends a typical moviegoing experience and enters the zeitgeist in a way rarely seen. On behalf of San Diego, we are beyond thrilled to honor him with a much-deserved award."
Apatow has directed, among other comedies, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up and Funny People. His latest directorial effort, This Is 40, was released in December and was billed as a "sort-of sequel" to Knocked Up. Apatow also served as a producer on Bridesmaids and Pineapple Express.
The gala will be held Oct. 3 at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Last year's Visionary Filmmaker honoree was Promised Land director Gus Van Sant.
The San Diego Film Festival is set to run Oct. 2-6.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!