Judd Apatow, Graham Parker Set for Film and TV Music Conference Panel
The writer-director and veteran rocker will discuss the role of music in Apatow's work at the Oct. 25 event sponsored by Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter. Apatow collaborators Mike Andrews and Manish Raval also will participate.
Writer-director Judd Apatow will participate in a panel discussion at the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Film and TV Music Conference on Oct. 25 at the W Hotel in Hollywood.
The panel will look at the role music has played in Apatow’s work, from the popular cult TV show Freaks and Geeks to such projects as the box-office hit Bridesmaids and HBO’s Girls to his upcoming film This Is 40, which revisits the characters from the 2007 comedy Knocked Up.
Joining Apatow will be two of his longtime collaborators, composer Mike Andrews and music supervisor Manish Raval, as well as legendary British rocker Graham Parker, who has a key role in This Is 40. Parker and his band The Rumour have reunited and will release their first album in 31 years on Nov. 20.
Watch Parker and The Rumour tear through "Empty Lives" on ABC's Fridays in 1980 below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws