Judd Apatow Tackling 'Do Gooders' for Universal (Exclusive)
Comedy will be written by "King of the Hill" scribes Alex Gregory and Peter Huyck.
Universal and Judd Apatow are tackling those with a cause.
The studio is in negotiations to pick up Do Gooders, a pitch from Alex Gregory and Peter Huyck, who will write the script. Apatow will produce via his Apatow Productions.
The plot details of the comedy project, which is not intended as a directorial vehicle for Apatow, are being kept under wraps.
Production VP Erik Baiers will oversee the project for Universal.
Gregory and Huyck are comedy writer-producers from the TV world who worked on King of the Hill and The Tracy Morgan Show, among others. The duo recently wrote and directed A Good Old Fashioned Orgy, a comedy whose ensemble cast includes Jason Sudeikis, Will Forte, Lindsay Sloane and Lake Bell.
The pair are repped by WME and Mosaic.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama