7 of Judd Apatow's Best Jokes at the Tribeca Film Festival
The producer/director gives his thoughts on a Spielberg-Scorsese swap, making films today, and whether there will be a "Bridesmaids" sequel.
At the Tribeca Film Festival today, Universal Pictures celebrated its 100th anniversary with a panel discusion. Robert De Niro was there, confirming he's making a new film with Martin Scorsese titled The Irishman and a sequel to the 1988 comedy classic Midnight Run. Meryl Streep wasn't there, bowing out at the last moment because of a sickness in her family. But the best lines belonged to Judd Apatow, who produced The Five-Year Engagement, which was a hit among the crowd on opening night. Here are seven of his jokes that brought the house down today at the BMCC Theater.
On Robert De Niro's influence…
"The Deer Hunter came out. I was 10 years old. We had the VHS of it. I watched it. Thus, I became this."
On the difficulties of Hollywood…
"I know weird. I've been on a plane on the way back from a test screening of Cable Guy."
On hearing that Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese once made a deal to swap directing Schindler's List and Cape Fear…
"Is that how it works? Is there a barter system I don't know about? I've never got a call, 'Do you want to switch 40 Year Old Virgin for Gangs of New York?'"
On new technology…
"Anything that allows me to watch films while going to bathroom is awesome."
On making films in this day and age…
"Everyone finally does get to see it. That's what's exciting about film right now. There is a way for us to make movies and everyone gets to see it, and Universal makes no money at all."
On Deadline Hollywood message boards…
"Sometimes when I want to kill myself, I read what they are saying there"
On whether there will be a sequel to Bridesmaids…
"I would like to see a sequel of Deer Hunter."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Promotes Without Injured Sullivan Stapleton
- Nina Dobrev Hits The Beach In Cancun, Reminds Us What Paradise Looks Like
- Pharrell Details The Top Songs He's Produced, Form 'U Don't Have To Call' To 'I'm A Slave 4 U'
- Lenny Kravitz Shares Beautiful Throwback Photo With Daughter Zoë