Jude Law cast in Scorsese's 'Cabret'
Ray Winstone, Christopher Lee also added to project
Jude Law, Ray Winstone, Christopher Lee, Frances de la Tour and Richard Griffiths have been cast in Martin Scorsese's live-action 3D adventure "Hugo Cabret." The film's production began Tuesday in London.
The new cast members join Ben Kingsley, Sacha Baron Cohen, Asa Butterfield, Chloe Moretz and Helen McCrory in the GK Films-produced adaptation of Brian Selznick's bestselling 2007 book, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret." "The Aviator" scribe John Logan wrote the screenplay.
Scorsese, Graham King, Tim Headington and Johnny Depp are producing. Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Charles Newirth and Christi Dembrowski are executive producers.
"Cabret," which won the Caldecott Medal and a National Book Award, tells the story of an orphan living in the walls of a Paris train station who encounters a broken machine, an eccentric girl and a reserved toy shop manager.
The project is filming at Shepperton Studios as well as on location in London and Paris. Sony will release the film in December 2011.
Law is repped by WME, Winstone by ICM, Lee and de la Tour by Independent Talent Group and Griffiths by Paradigm.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR