Judge Delays Amanda Bynes Conservatorship Ruling
The actress is currently under a two-week psychiatric hold at a hospital.
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — A California judge delayed making a decision Friday on whether former child star Amanda Bynes should be put under the conservatorship of her parents.
Ventura County Superior Court Judge Glen M. Reiser said there was no rush to act on the request by Bynes' parents because the actress is under a two-week psychiatric hold at a hospital.
Reiser scheduled a hearing on the issue Aug. 9 and said he also wants to meet one-on-one with Bynes before making a decision.
The 27-year-old actress' behavior has become increasingly bizarre over the past year.
Bynes was put under the psychiatric hold Monday after authorities said she set a fire on the driveway of a home in the Los Angeles suburb of Thousand Oaks, where she grew up.
In May, Bynes was arrested in New York for allegedly throwing a marijuana bong out the window of her 36th-floor Manhattan apartment. Police had come to the apartment to investigate a complaint that she had been smoking marijuana in the building's lobby.
Last year, Bynes was charged in Los Angeles with driving on a suspended license, the license having been suspended after she was charged with driving under the influence and misdemeanor hit-and-run.
Bynes, who was only 13 when she landed her own hit variety program, The Amanda Show on the Nickelodeon cable network, went on to star in the TV series What I Like About You and several movies, including What a Girl Wants, Hairspray and She's the Man.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)