'Judge Judy' tops 'Oprah' ratings
Courtroom series now No. 1 daytime show
"Judge Judy" beat "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in the ratings last season, making it daytime's No. 1 TV show, according to new Nielsen ratings.
"Judy" averaged 6.5 million viewers -- 600,000 more on average than "Oprah," who will cease hosting her show after this season, her 25th, to focus on launching her OWN network. Oprah had held the top-spot in daytime since the 2000-2001 season.
"Judy," hosted by Judy Sheindlin since September 1996 (and renewed through 2013), had a particularly strong showing against "Oprah" during May sweeps, finishing No. 1 in adults 18 to 49 and 25 to 54.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game