Longtime 'Divorce Court' Judge Gets New Show
Mablean Ephriam, a former Los Angeles prosecuting attorney who's starred in Tyler Perry's "Madea" movies, presided over the syndicated legal show from 1999-2006.
Judge Mablean Ephriam, who presided over Divorce Court for seven years (1999 to 2006) and played a judge in Tyler Perry's Madea movies, will star in Entertainment Studios' Justice With Judge Mablean, it was announced Monday.
This will be the fifth court show from CEO Byron Allen's outlet, which also airs the shows on one of its HD networks.
"Byron's strong commitment to his television programs and cable networks is unparalleled in this industry," says Ephriam, "and I am 100 percent committed to delivering another first class television court show along with him."
Ephriam is a former L.A. prosecuting attorney who on Divorce Court was as known for her humor as her rulings. Her trademark phrase was "Look deep before you leap."
A native of Mississippi, Ephriam has also appeared in Perry's films as a strict judge who presides over the cases that Madea (Perry) finds herself involved in. She was in Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Madea's Family Reunion and Madea Goes to Jail.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR