Julia Roberts to Produce, Star in Workplace Comedy 'Second Act' (Exclusive)
The New Regency project will also be produced by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas.
Julia Roberts is heading back to work.
The actress is attached to produce and star in Second Act, a New Regency workplace comedy project in development. Roberts will produce via her Red Om Films label, along with her former agent and producing partner Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray and their Maven Pictures label are involved as producers as well.
The project, which does not have a writer or director on board, centers on a woman who has never worked and is forced to take a job.
Roberts is becoming a bit more active as an actress. She co-toplined Larry Crowne with Tom Hanks this past summer and next stars as the Evil Queen in Relativity’s Snow White movie, Mirror Mirror, set for release in March.
Since Arnon Milchan took the reins of Regency and hired CEO Brad Weston, the company has been on the move, boarding the Mark Wahlberg project Broken City and snagging the rights to Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock. The company also is funding a new Alejando Gonzalez Inarritu movie, The Revenant.
Carla Hacken was recently brought on board as New Regency's president of production.
Roberts is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR