Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead
The Oscar-winning actress' sibling was discovered at a Los Angeles home Sunday, according to a coroner's spokesman.
Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes has been found dead at a Los Angeles home.
According to Los Angeles County Coroner's assistant chief Ed Winter, Motes, 37, was discovered by paramedics on the bathroom floor of the house Sunday and pronounced dead at 2.12 p.m. PT, reported CNN.
"She has a history of some medical issues," said Winter. "Some prescription drugs were found near her body."
The case is currently under investigation and an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
The Roberts family released a statement to People on Monday expressing their grief:
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose," the statement read.
"There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Motes had worked as a production assistant on Glee and was the daughter of Julia and Eric Roberts' mother Betty Lou and their stepfather Michael Motes. She had intended to marry John Dilbeck, a film and TV locations manager, in May, according to reports.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR