Emmys 2011: Julia Stiles' First Nom 'Icing on Cake' After 'Dexter' Guest Star Gig
The actress tells THR that she thought her character would "end up dead in a bathtub."
Julia Stiles considers her Dexter guest star Emmy nomination the “icing on the cake” a year after her turn as Lumen in Season 5 of the Showtime series. “It was fun to work on that show and this is just an added bonus a year later,” she said.
The actress planned to celebrate her first Emmy nomination with a toast with friends at tonight’s Nikka Costa concert in New York, and has plans to attend both the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony – where the guest categories are awarded – and the Primetime Emmys. “I get to attend two parties,” she joked.
“Creativity and arts sounds good to me.”
Asked if Lumen would ever resurface on Dexter, the actress said it made the most sense for guest stars to pop in for one season – and that the Emmy drama series nominee has its “hands full” with new guest Mos Def. “I thought I was going to end up dead in a bathtub,” Stiles said. “I’m really surprised that Lumen survived.”
With John Lithgow taking home last year’s guest actor in a drama for his turn as the Trinity Killer on Dexter, Stiles played it cool when asked if that series’ successful track record in the category made her an early front-runner. “I don’t think it works that way,” she said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR