Julianne Hough Apologizes for Wearing Blackface Halloween Costume
The actress dressed up as the character Crazy Eyes from "Orange Is the New Black."
Actress Julianne Hough dressed up as a character from the Netflix prison series Orange Is the New Black for a Halloween themed event on Friday -- but the orange jumpsuit costume included blackface makeup.
Her costume was apparently styled after actress Uzo Aduba's inmate Crazy Eyes on the show, it included the name tag of the character on her prison outfit.
After the photos were widely circulated online, the actress apologized on Saturday.
"I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created. It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize," Hough stated.
In June, Netflix renewed the Jenji Kohan-created Orange Is the New Black for 13 episode second season.
Hough is featured alongside Russell Brand in Diablo Cody's latest film, Paradise, which hit limited release on Oct. 19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR