Julianne Hough joins 'Footloose' remake
'Dancing With the Stars' mainstay making her film debut
"Dancing With the Stars" mainstay Julianne Hough will be punching her card for "Footloose."
The dancer, singer and choreographer will join Chace Crawford for her feature film debut in Paramount's remake of the 1984 film, assuming her scheduling works for the March shoot.
Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer starred in the original, which told the story of a rebellious outsider who moves to a new town where music and dancing are banned and proceeds to shake everything up.
Kenny Ortega ("High School Musical") is producing and directing the feature, and Susannah Grant ("The Soloist") wrote the most recent screenplay.
Craig Zadan, who also produced the 1984 original, Neil Meron and Dylan Sellers ("Agent Cody Banks") are also producing. Zadan and Meron were also behind the feature musicals "Hairspray" and "Chicago."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR