Julianne Moore to Play Sarah Palin in HBO's 'Game Change'
The film will be directed by Jay Roach with a screenplay penned by Danny Strong.
Four-time Academy Award nominee Julianne Moore has been cast as former Alaska governor Sarah Palin in HBO's upcoming film, Game Change.
HBO Films and Everyman Pictures' Game Change follows John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, the film will be directed by Jay Roach, with a script by Danny Strong.
Strong, who recently wrote HBO's telepic Recount, will also serve as co-executive producer with Roach as an exec producer.
No other cast members were announced, and HBO did not say when production on the film might begin.
Palin has famously been portrayed by actress Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws