Julianne Moore, Robert Pattinson Join David Cronenberg's 'Maps to the Stars'
Entertainment One and Prospero Pictures will co-finance the ghost story critique of Los Angeles celebrity culture also set to star John Cusack and Sarah Gadon.
TORONTO – Julianne Moore, John Cusack, Sarah Gadon and Robert Pattinson are top-lining David Cronenberg’s next picture, Maps to the Stars.
And longtime Cronenberg producer Martin Katz and his Prospero Pictures shingle are partnering with Entertainment One to finance the indie movie.
Entertainment One Films will handle worldwide sales and distribution, with production on the film to begin in July in Toronto and Los Angeles.
Maps to the Stars marks Prospero’s fourth collaboration with Cronenberg, most recently on A Dangerous Method and Cosmopolis, which also starred Pattinson and Gadon.
The screenplay for Maps to the Stars will be done by Bruce Wagner (Wild Palms), as the indie drama offers a ghost story and critique of celebrity-obsessed society in Los Angeles.
The film is being produced by Katz together and SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd.
Sentient Entertainment's Renee Tab, Cronenberg's manager, will executive produce. Integral Films’ Alfred Hurmer is co-producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR