Julie Bowen Comedy 'Conception' Picked Up By Double Dutch for World Sales
The Canadian agency will shop writer/director Josh Stolberg's romcom, which also stars "Modern Family's" Sarah Hyland, Connie Britton and David Arquette, to international buyers.
TORONTO – Here's some good timing: On the heels of Modern Family's Emmys triumph Sunday night, the international rights to the Julie Bowen and Sarah Hyland-starring romcom Conception have been picked up by Canadian-based sales agent Double Dutch International.
Tribeca Films earlier picked up the U.S. rights to the comedy from writer, director and producer Josh Stolberg that also stars Connie Britton, David Arquette and Moon Bloodgood.
Conception follows nine couples on the night they conceive, with the ensemble comedy including Alan Tudyk, Jason Mantzoukas, Leah Pipes, Jennifer Jostyn, Jonathan Silverman, Jennifer Finnigan, Gregory Smith and Leila Charles Leigh.
The film opened the Beverly Hills Film Festival and is also produced by Leila Charles Leigh and Stephanie Sherrin Mahalec.
“We are absolutely thrilled to be able to bring this hilarious comedy to the international market.” said Jason Möring, president of Double Dutch Media.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills