Tribeca 2012: Julie Delpy Says No Sequel Planned for '2 Days in New York'
"This is not going be the James Bond of French-American romantic comedies," the director and actress says of the follow-up to 2007's "2 Days in Paris."
Julie Delpy said at the party following the April 26 Tribeca Film Festival showing of 2 Days in New York (her follow-up to 2007's 2 Days in Paris) that this would be the last of the series.
“Unfortunately, this is not going be the James Bond of French-American romantic comedies,” said the actress-director.
At the Q&A following the Tribeca Performing Arts Center screening, Delpy answered questions with co-star Chris Rock and joked that she “really wanted Steve Harvey to do it.”
For his part, Rock said he enjoyed working on a film where his co-star is also directing: “Whenever you make a movie, there’s always the questions, ‘What does the star say?’ or ‘What does the director say?’ It’s nice to get it from one person."
Delpy said the Magnolia Pictures release would be opening August 10 in the United States.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game