Julie Shore Awarded a Promotion by TV Academy
Since 1994 she has worked on Emmy awards ticketing and seating and has been liaison to the Academy awards committee.
Julie Shore has been promoted to vp of awards by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, it was announced Thursday by senior vp John Leverence.
Shore acts as liaison to the Academy's awards committee on implementing rules and procedures for the Primetime Emmys and interpreting those rules throughout the competition.
She is in charge of ticketing for the Emmys and seating nominees, networks, studios and others. She is also involved with other competitions, including Engineering Awards and the Television Academy Honors.
"This promotion not only acknowledges Julie's excellent service to the Television Academy," said Leverence, "but it also recognizes the vital role that she plays in the care, maintenance and integrity of the Emmy Awards process."
Shore first joined the TV Academy in 1995 as a receptionist but within a year was promoted to the membership department. In 1994, she moved to the awards department. She was promoted to director, primetime awards, in 1999.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR