Julie Taymor on ‘The Tempest’ Gender Switch: I ‘Didn’t Have an Actor In Mind’ for Helen Mirren’s Role
9:30 PM PST 12/7/2010 by Philiana Ng
“It was really about knowing that she could play [the] part [of Prospero] and that it could work for a woman,” the director tells THR.
Helen Mirren can do anything — and that includes playing a role originally meant for a man.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile