Julie Walters to get lifetime honor
Women in Film and Television fete 34-year career
LONDON -- Golden Globe and BAFTA award-winner Julie Walters is to be honored by Women in Film and Television at a gala luncheon at the Hilton Hotel Dec. 5 it was announced Tuesday.
Walters, star of a slew of boxoffice hits including “Educating Rita,” “Billy Elliot,” “Calendar Girls” and most recently “Mamma Mia,” will receive WIFTV’s highest accolade, the lifetime achievement award, for a career spanning 34 years.
Previous WIFTV honorees include Maggie Smith, Judi Dench and Diana Rigg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR