Juliette Binoche, Andie MacDowell to Attend Berlinale Talent Campus
The Berlin festival lines up international industry VIPs for its one-week film school.
COLOGNE, Germany – A trove of Industry veterans, including stars Andie MacDowell and Juliette Binoche, directors Volker Schlondorff (The Tin Drum) and Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Once Upon a Time in Anatolia); award-winning cinematographer Ed Lachman (Mildred Pierce) and three-time Oscar winning costume designer Sandy Powell (Hugo, Shakespeare in Love) will attend the this year’s Berlinale Talent Campus to discuss the art and craft of filmmaking with up-and-coming talents.
The Talent Campus, which runs Feb.11-16 alongside the Berlin International Film Festival (Feb. 9-19), is a mini film school workshop program for 350 young filmmakers from some 90 countries worldwide. Industry vets from various sections of the film world take part in discussions and training workshops with the participants.
Also among the professionals attending this year will be directors Sophie Feinnes and Victor Kossakovsky, who will participate in a panel discussion on the skills of documentary filmmaking; and Chinese writer Yan Geling, whose novel was adapted by Zhang Yimou as The Flowers of War starring Christian Bale.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10