'Jurassic Park' Rerelease to Get One-Week IMAX Run
The 3D release of Steven Spielberg's sci-fi masterpiece will hit the giant-screen theaters April 5, coinciding with Universal Pictures’ wide release.
TORONTO – IMAX plans a one-week 3D run for Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park worldwide starting April 5 to leverage Universal Pictures’ simultaneous rerelease of the epic film on the same date.
IMAX will digitally remaster Spielberg’s original Oscar-winning sci-fi film in its 3D format for the limited run.
"Jurassic Park is the quintessential film for fans to experience in IMAX 3D," Universal Pictures distribution president Nikki Rocco said in a statement about the giant-screen exhibitor getting in on the studio’s wide release of the original picture.
The film stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Samuel L. Jackson and Richard Attenborough and is based on the Michael Crichton novel and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Gerald R. Molen.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR