Jury Announced for New Currents Section at Busan International Film Festival
Hungarian director Béla Tarr will head the eclectic jury for the section for emerging Asian film talent at the 17th Busan International Film Festival.
TOKYO – Hungarian director BélaTarr (The Man from London) will head the eclectic jury for the New Currents Section for emerging Asian film talent at the 17th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF).
Joining Tarr will be Japanese filmmaker and Cannes favorite Naomi Kawase (The Mourning Forest) and Korean actor Jung Woo-Sung (The Good, the Bad, the Weird ). Filling out the panel will be Nobel Prize-winning French writer Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio and Canadian academic, author (The Film Club) and film critic David Gilmour.
BIFF will unspool in the Korean port city of Busan from Oct. 4 to 13, while the accompanying Asian Film Market will run Oct. 8 to 11.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lars's Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever
- A&E Pulls Chloë Sevingy's Those Who Kill