'Justified' gets second season on FX
Timothy Olyphant drama has averaged 3.4 mil viewers
FX has ordered a second season of "Justified" with a 13-episode pickup.
"We are very excited about the tremendous, widespread acclaim that 'Justified' has received from both audiences and television critics," said John Landgraf, president and GM of FX. "Graham Yost, Tim Olyphant, Elmore Leonard and their talented partners have crafted a uniquely ambitious and entertaining series which is everything we aspired to when we developed the show."
The drama, starring Timothy Olyphant, had a towering debut, dropped sharply, then stabilized in the ratings. To date, the show has averaged 3.4 million total viewers in its freshman season and 1.7 million in the 18-49 demo. The Season 1 finale airs June 8.
"I'm just thrilled, and I'm looking forward to chronicling the future adventures of Raylan Givens," Yost said. "To work with an actor like Tim, who was born to play this role, has been a wonderful experience."
"This pickup speaks volumes to the quality and collaboration on the series, and our unparalleled partnership with FX," said Jamie Erlicht, president or programming for Sony Pictures Television. "The viewer response to Justified has been as enthusiastic as ours was when we first heard the pitch."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR