Justin Bieber Apologizes for London Concert Delay
The 19-year-old pop star, who's had a rough few days, blames "technical issues."
Too late for damage control?
After starting his concert two hours behind schedule in London on Monday night, angering fans (and their exasperated parents), Justin Bieber has apologized for the delay on Twitter, his favorite outlet for social-media mea culpas.
"last night i was scheduled after 3 opening acts to go on stage at 935 not 830 but because of some technical issues i got on at 10:10..so," he wrote Tuesday in one tweet, following up with another: "i was 40 min late to stage. there is no excuse for that and I apologize for anyone we upset. However it was great show and Im proud of that."
Bieber said that Tuesday night's show at the O2 Arena in the British capital will be "amazing" and, most importantly, "will run on time."
"i never have any intent to upset or let anyone down. and Im not okay with things being exaggerated. once again sorry for anyone upset," he said.
It's been a rough few days for Bieber, who turned 19 last Friday in dramatic fashion: when his pal Jaden Smith, the 14-year-old son of Will Smith, was turned away from London's Cirque du Soir nightclub, where Bieber took an entourage to celebrate another year older, the singer bristled, tweeting that it was his "worst birthday." At one point, he removed his shirt, prompting actress Olivia Wilde -- who wasn't there for the festivities -- to tweet: "Justin Bieber, put your f---ing shirt on."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack