Justin Bieber Arrest: Miami Trial Date Set
UPDATED: After filing a plea of not guilty, the singer is set to appear in court next month on charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license.
Justin Bieber has a date on March 3 — with a Miami-Dade County judge.
Bieber's attorneys have already filed a written plea of not guilty for the three misdemeanors, therefore canceling his arraignment date previously scheduled for Feb. 14. His sounding date is now set for Feb. 19.
The 19-year-old pop star was arrested Jan. 23 in Miami Beach after he was observed drag racing with fellow musician Khalil Sharieff, who was also booked for a DUI charge. Bieber tested positive for pot and prescription medication, according to the toxicology report obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, and his post-arrest urine test revealed that THC and Alprazolam were in his system. Alprazolam is the key ingredient in Xanax, a prescription anti-anxiety medication.
Bieber's trial in Miami is set for just one week before his recently scheduled Toronto court date, on an assault charge in which he allegedly "struck the limousine driver on the back of the head several times" on Dec. 30. He turned himself in to Toronto police last Wednesday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!