Justin Bieber Attack Reports: 'He Was Not Even Touched'
UPDATED: A spokesperson for the NYPD tells THR that Bieber's bodyguard "failed to follow lawful order."
Reports surfaced Thursday afternoon alleging that Justin Bieber was pushed to the ground during an appearance at Macy’s in New York City. According to WABC-TV, Bieber was greeting fans outside when an unidentified man jumped past a barricade, knocking the 17-year-old to the ground. Bieber’s security team then reportedly jumped in to gain control of the situation.
According to TMZ, the attacker was actually an undercover police officer attempting to protect Bieber from a rowdy crowd.
A spokesperson for the NYPD tells The Hollywood Reporter that there was no attack on Bieber, and that the crowd was “not out of control.”
“One of his bodyguards failed to follow lawful order,” the spokesperson explains, citing an order to move.
“[Bieber] was not even touched,” he adds. "The only person touched was the bodyguard."
"This was a momentary, well-intentioned misunderstanding that was quickly resolved," a rep for the singer tells THR. "The event went very well."
Watch the original ABC video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws