Justin Bieber Avoids Battery Charges for Alleged Photographer Scuffle (Report)
A paparazzo filed a police report last May claiming he and the pop star got into a heated physical altercation.
Justin Bieber is off the hook. The LA County District Attorney's office won't file criminal charges against the 18-year-old singer for an alleged scuffle with a photographer back in May, TMZ reports, citing a lack of evidence and conflicting stories from eyewitnesses.
The photographer filed a police report after allegedly getting into a physical altercation with Bieber in Calabasas, Calif., when the pop star approached him to request that he move out of the way; according to TMZ sources, at the time, Bieber was trying to leave in his car and the shutterbug was obstructing his path. Tagged as a misdemeanor battery, the incident went under investigation.
Bieber's paparazzi woes do not end there. Last week, an LA Superior Court Judge threw out part of the criminal case against Paul Raef, the paparazzo who chased Bieber at 80 miles per hour in LA over the summer; Raef was later charged with two counts of reckless driving with the intent to capture pictures for commercial gain, one count of (traditional) reckless driving and one count of failing to obey the order of a police officer. (He still faces charges for the latter two counts but the "intent to capture pictures" charges drew scrutiny from the judge, who raised First Amendment concerns.)
Meanwhile, Bieber continues to make headlines for his on-again, off-again, apparently-on-again romance with Selena Gomez, another tabloid target. And now Oprah Winfrey, no stranger to life in the spotlight, is warning the singer to backtrack on his goal to get married by 25. "I think 25's too young, actually. I really do -- and particularly for you," she says in an interview to air Sunday on OWN.
At Sunday's American Music Awards, Bieber -- who won artist of the year -- thanked his harshest critics while also picking up the trophy for favorite pop/rock male artist.
“I want to say this is for all the haters who said that I was just here for one or two years. I feel like I’m going to be here for a very long time,” he said, also thanking his mom, manager, family and his “beautiful, beautiful fans.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing