Justin Bieber Charged With Assault
The pop star is scheduled to appear in Toronto court March 10.
Toronto Police at 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday night officially charged Justin Bieber with assault, and said he is scheduled to appear in court on March 10.
In a statement, the Toronto Police Services alleged that at 2:50 a.m. on the morning of Dec. 30, a limousine picked up around six people outside a nightclub in Toronto's entertainment district.
The police said that, while the limo drove the group to a hotel, an "altercation occurred between one of the passengers and the driver of the limousine." The police did not specify in the statement whether the person who assaulted the limo driver was Bieber or another member of his entourage.
"In the course of the altercation, a man struck the limousine driver on the back of the head several times," the statement continued.
The driver then apparently stopped and left the limo, and rang the police.
"The man who struck him left the scene before police arrived," the statement continued.
Police requested anyone with information on the alleged assault to contact them. Earlier on Wednesday, Bieber turned himself in to Toronto Police.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'