Justin Bieber to Explore Country Music, Sets Duet With Rascal Flatts
Singer moves temporarily from hip-hop and proposes collaboration for his next album.
After releasing a single with Ludacris, getting remixed by Kanye West and hanging with Drake, Justin Bieber is briefly setting aside his hip-hop ties to explore country music. Rascal Flatts singer Gary LeVox has revealed that the country group has recorded a song with the pop star."[Justin] asked us to do a duet with him on his next record," LeVox told Nashville radio station WSIX. "It's actually a really good song!" Bieber confirmed the pairing on Twitter Sunday (Dec. 19), writing, "I love @RascalFlatts and I'm honored that they are making music with me." He also posted a link to a YouTube video that featured Rascal Flatts' song "My Wish." LeVox and his bandmates are the latest artists attached to Bieber's in-the-works follow-up to My World 2.0: Ne-Yo told Billboard.com in October that he was "writing some songs" with Bieber, and the pop star hung out in the studio with Diddy last week. "Latin Girl," a new track produced by JHype and Goodwill & MGI, leaked online earlier this month, but its status on Bieber's forthcoming album is unclear.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR