Justin Bieber Concert Earnings Stolen in Elaborate South Africa Heist (Report)
Criminals reportedly pulled off an “Ocean’s 11”-type stunt to nab an estimated $330,000 in cash.
While Justin Bieber was serenading Johannesburg, South Africa, during a Mother’s Day concert, criminals reportedly were hard at work pulling off an elaborate heist backstage.
According to the local Eyewitness News, a group of suspects executed an Ocean’s 11-type stunt involving ropes and chisels to lower themselves into a safe room at the FNB stadium. They made off with the night’s concert earnings, which TMZ estimates to be approximately $330,000 in cash.
The suspects managed to pull off the break-in undetected Sunday, and it was not until Monday morning that stadium management and concert promoters were made aware. Police, forensic experts and security company officials placed the stadium on lockdown later Monday to investigate.
Bieber tweeted at TMZ about the incident, saying simply: “It wasn’t me.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR