Justin Bieber Concert Earnings Stolen in Elaborate South Africa Heist (Report)
Criminals reportedly pulled off an “Ocean’s 11”-type stunt to nab an estimated $330,000 in cash.
While Justin Bieber was serenading Johannesburg, South Africa, during a Mother’s Day concert, criminals reportedly were hard at work pulling off an elaborate heist backstage.
According to the local Eyewitness News, a group of suspects executed an Ocean’s 11-type stunt involving ropes and chisels to lower themselves into a safe room at the FNB stadium. They made off with the night’s concert earnings, which TMZ estimates to be approximately $330,000 in cash.
The suspects managed to pull off the break-in undetected Sunday, and it was not until Monday morning that stadium management and concert promoters were made aware. Police, forensic experts and security company officials placed the stadium on lockdown later Monday to investigate.
Bieber tweeted at TMZ about the incident, saying simply: “It wasn’t me.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother