Justin Bieber Guitar Auctioned Off For Canadian Food Bank
The Canuck pop phenom gave the autographed instrument to a Winnipeg host, who in turn donated the rock memorabilia to a local not-for profit that helps the needy.
TORONTO - Justin Bieber’s latest contribution to Winnipeg: a signed guitar now up for auction on eBay to help fund a local food bank.
The Canadian pop sensation on a recent visit gave the guitar to Kenny Boyce, manager of the film and special events office at Winnipeg’s city hall.
Bieber lived for a time in Winnipeg, Manitoba with his father.
Boyce in turn gave the instrument to Winnipeg Harvest, a local food bank, so it could be auctioned off to raise much-needed funds.
“This acoustic Taylor guitar is ready to play and features Justin's autograph, which he personally signed while in Winnipeg, on the lower body of the instrument,” the eBay site states.
Bieber recently contributed $10,000 to the House of Blessing food bank in Stratford, Ontario, where he and his mother sometimes turned for help while he was growing up there.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR