Justin Bieber Helps Rebuild Hometown Skateboarding Park
Prompted by his grandmother, the Canadian pop idol over Christmas autographed a new sports car in Stratford, Ontario to be auctioned off on eBay from this Friday.
TORONTO – Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber is helping his hometown of Stratford, Ontario raise money to rebuild a local skateboarding park.
A red 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 that Bieber autographed over the Christmas holidays while visiting his family in Canada will go on sale on eBay this Friday.
The fund-raiser followed Bieber’s grandmother recently buying a new car at the Hyundai dealership in Stratford.
And that got dealership owner Frank Sandola asking if her grandson could autograph a donated car that could then be auctioned off to help a local charity.
Beiber earlier raised $10,000 for a hometown food bank, Stratford House of Blessing, where he and his mother at one time would go when they couldn't manage a proper Christmas meal.
So the pop idol agreed to get behind the Stratford Hyundai’s fund-raiser to improve the local skateboard and BMX bike park built in 2000.
On December 23, the local dealership was papered over and Bieber slipped in to sign the new car’s dashboard, complete with music notes.
The public auction for the new car is set to start January 20, and run for 10 days.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'