Justin Bieber Hits Cover of Hollywood Reporter (and Debuts New Haircut)
1:14 PM PST 2/8/2011 by Shirley Halperin
On the eve of his "3D Never Say Never," the megastar appears alongside mentors Antonio “L.A.” Reid and Usher on the new issue, out on Thursday.
Justin Bieber not only has a new movie out (Never Say Never, opening Feb. 11), he has a new haircut!Arriving at THR’s photo shoot on Monday, photographed by Jeff Lipsky, the 16-year-old teen phenom (who premieres Never Say Never Tuesday in Los Angeles) sported a fresh trim on his famous locks (styled by Vanessa Price) that he had received just two days before, as he prepared to be photographed alongside Usher, whom Bieber describes as “like a brother,” and Antonio “L.A.” Reid, chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam Music Group, the company that signed him in October 2008 (when no one else would). “We’re like a family coming together,” says Usher. “That’s what makes a great career.” The piece explores the roots of Bieber Fever, and his team’s near-perfect synergy of social networking prowess, pop instinct, undeniable talent and old fashioned grassroots campaigning. Bieber has sold more than 10 millions albums worldwide, has two Grammy nominations, including the much-coveted Best New Artist award, is a merchandising phenomenon and now likely is a movie star as well. The full story appears in The Hollywood Reporter, on newsstands in LA and NYC on Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR