'Justin Bieber: Never Say Never' Gets Blu-ray/DVD Release Date
The film, which recently passed Michael Jackson's "This Is It" to become the most successful concert-themed movie at the domestic box office, will be available for purchase May 13.
Justin Bieber fans, start saving your money.
The concert-themed film Justin Bieber: Never Say Never will be released May 13 in a Blu-ray/DVD combo, Paramount Home Entertainment said Wednesday.
The combo, which comes with digital copy and standard DVD, will feature new footage not shown in theaters, including a concert dance-off involving Bieber and his crew, as well as a full-length concert performance of "Favorite Girl" from the "Director’s Fan Cut" of the film, footage of Bieber's team surprising lucky fans with free concert tickets and a "final farewell" to the singer's signature hairstyle.
The combo will be available for $29.99. The standard DVD also will be available for purchase separately for $19.99.
Never Say Never was produced by Paramount’s low-budget division Insurge Pictures. The studio has shied way from calling the film a concert movie, since it delves into Bieber’s childhood and rise to pop icon status.
Paramount also took the unprecedented step of updating the movie with new footage early in its theatrical release, so as to encourage repeat business. The move worked as the film has earned more than $72.2 million domestically, surpassing Michael Jackson's This Is It to become the most successful concert-themed movie at the domestic box office.
- NFL Now Demands $16.6 Million Over M.I.A.'s Super Bowl Middle Finger (Exclusive)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR