Justin Bieber Pleads Not Guilty To Miami Beach Charges
The pop star, who was set to be arraigned Feb. 14, on Wednesday filed a written plea on charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license.
MIAMI -- Justin Bieber has pleaded not guilty in to charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license in Florida.
Court records show that Bieber's attorney filed the written plea Wednesday in Miami-Dade County. Bieber already has an arraignment set for Feb. 14, but Florida law doesn't require the 19-year-old pop star to be present.
Defense attorney Mark Shapiro says a decision on whether Bieber will attend has not been made.
Bieber and R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested last week in Miami Beach during what police described as an illegal street drag race between a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. Neither has been charged with drag racing.
Police say Bieber cursed at an officer and admitted to smoking marijuana, drinking and taking a prescription medication.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack