Justin Bieber Pleads Not Guilty To Miami Beach Charges
The pop star, who was set to be arraigned Feb. 14, on Wednesday filed a written plea on charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license.
MIAMI -- Justin Bieber has pleaded not guilty in to charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license in Florida.
Court records show that Bieber's attorney filed the written plea Wednesday in Miami-Dade County. Bieber already has an arraignment set for Feb. 14, but Florida law doesn't require the 19-year-old pop star to be present.
Defense attorney Mark Shapiro says a decision on whether Bieber will attend has not been made.
Bieber and R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested last week in Miami Beach during what police described as an illegal street drag race between a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. Neither has been charged with drag racing.
Police say Bieber cursed at an officer and admitted to smoking marijuana, drinking and taking a prescription medication.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!