Justin Bieber Sings 'Boyfriend' During Concert Power Outage (Video)
The pop star performed the song unplugged at his show at New York City's Apollo Theater on Monday night.
After a power outage affected instruments for his New York City concert on Monday night, Justin Bieber had one reaction: the show must go on.
The 18-year-old Canadian pop prince performed "Boyfriend," the first single from his new album Believe, despite the setback, directing the crowd of banshee-howling girls to sing along with him.
The outage happened at the end of the concert, shutting down stage instruments and some lights.
"Then we hear the fire alarm," Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, told The Associated Press. "Literally, the boy blew up the Apollo — he heated up the Apollo."
Braun said Bieber began to "get frustrated, because it had been 40 minutes," so the singer -- who had briefly entertained the audience with a power-less drum solo and singalong to celebrate Braun's birthday, continued on with "Boyfriend."
Meanwhile, NBC was capturing footage for the concert special "Justin Bieber: All Around the World," scheduled to air on Thursday.
Watch the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws