Justin Bieber Returning Home For Christmas; Plans Canadian TV Holiday Special
Bell Media will tape the native pop phenom at a secret Toronto location before airing the show Dec. 22 on its MuchMusic and CTV channels.
TORONTO - Canada’s Justin Bieber is returning home to tape a Christmas holiday special at a secret Toronto location for domestic broadcaster Bell Media as a charity fund-raiser.
"The holidays are a very special time of the year for me and I’m looking forward to coming home and ringing them in with my friends and family,” Bieber, who hails from Stratford, Ontario, said in a statement Monday.
Bell Media isn’t disclosing where the concert special will be taped to avoid a stampede of fans.
The half hour holiday special, Justin Bieber: Home For The Holidays, will debut on the MuchMusic cable channel and the main CTV network on December 22.
The Canadian TV special will feature Bieber singing hit songs like “Mistletoe” and “Baby”, and Christmas cover songs and classics.
Proceeds from the concert will got to Bieber’s Believe charity, Bell Media said.
Bieber and girlfriend Selena Gomez were big draws at the recent 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, which were also produced by Bell Media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR