Justin Bieber Has Some Very Famous Relatives
The Canadian singer has talent in his blood.
Is Justin Bieber’s talent in his DNA? Ancestry.com might have the proof.
The Utah-based company recently did a family tree of Bieber and found he was related to some of Canada’s brightest talent.
The whole process began about a year ago, Ancestry.com researcher Michelle Ercanback told CBS News, with researchers digging up any biographical tidbits they could about the teen pop star. What did they find? Bieber is a 10th cousin, three times removed, with Celine Dion. They’re linked to a French couple in the early 1600s, who then moved to Quebec.
If Dion’s relation isn’t enough to convince you of his superior genetics then consider this: Bieber is also a 12th cousin to Avril Lavigne through a different French-born couple. On top of being related to Lavigne and Dion, he can boast being an 11th cousin once removed to Ryan Gosling. Bieber and Gosling are cousins through the same couple as Lavigne, making Gosling and Lavigne distant cousins, too.
“The great thing about family history is that you never know what you’re going to find,” said Ercanback. “It was a very pleasant surprise.”
Bieber has invaded the music world and has even started to inch into film with his documentary Never Say Never. Could Bieber possibly be Hollywood’s next big actor?
Ercanback, however, acknowledged that the connections were interesting, but that they didn’t provided sufficient evidence to “point to the existence of a superstar gene.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack