Eyewitnesses Sought in Justin Bieber Assault Investigation
Police are asking for any witnesses of the alleged scuffle between the pop star and a photographer to come forward.
Los Angeles police still want to question pop star Justin Bieber and his girlfriend, actress Selena Gomez, about his alleged assault of a photographer at a Calabasas shopping mall Sunday. Investigators also are searching for eyewitnesses.
The Los Angeles Times reports that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is asking anyone with information about the incident to contact detectives at (818) 878-1808. Witnesses who want to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
Investigators are looking into a photographer’s complaint that he was roughed up by the singer after taking photos of Bieber and Gomez at The Commons shopping center.
According to police, the photographer called 911 and complained of pain to his chest. He was taken to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
Bieber and Gomez left the scene before deputies arrived, so investigators were unable to question them. Their reps did not immediately respond to The Hollywood Reporter’s request for comment.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'