Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez Nude Sculpture to Be Displayed at Porn Shop
Artist Daniel Edwards is also planning to unveil a companion piece which will depict the Canadian singer's genitals.
The bronze sculpture depicting a nude Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez as a three-legged unit will be displayed at a porn shop in Dallas next week.
New Fine Arts assistant manager Michelle Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter that preparations are being put into place for the arrival of the life-size work from artist Daniel Edwards. New Fine Arts stores are open 24 hours, sell thousands of DVDs and boast novelty sections.
The life-size piece melds the singers into one and stands atop a podium with the inscription "Justin & Selena Forever." Bieber's privates are covered by a maple leaf and Gomez's lower female parts are obscured by a Texas star. An armadillo and a Canadian goose further call attention to the pair's roots.
Edwards' gallery representative Cory Allen also revealed to THR that the sculptor plans to unveil a companion piece to "Justin and Selena as One" in the next few days. That sculpture will depict Bieber's genitals and was inspired by a cast made of Jimi Hendrix's privates in 1968.
Allen said Edwards is a "big fan" of rock and blues and thought it was necessary to take the Bieber/Gomez sculpture a step further, adding that the genitals sculpture has a "Warner Bros. cartoon" feel.
The "Justin and Selena as One" sculpture is part of a larger performance piece from Edwards, according to Allen "The whole thing is about a performance. It's not just about the press release: it's a story, it's a narrative to the work, it is a performance piece."
Allen says Edwards' work calls attention to society's obsession with celebrity, "Nobody would care if the Bieber and Selena piece was just two normal adults. He's trying to show that this is what society needs now -- celebrities to get attention. It has to involve sex too."
Edwards is the same artist who did bronze sculptures of a naked and pregnant Britney Spears ("Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston), a nude Paris Hilton dead with legs splayed ("Paris Hilton Autopsy") and Suri Cruise's poop ("Suri's Bronzed Baby Poop.")
Edwards has a number of pieces with a political bent included "Iraq War Memorial: Death of Prince Harry," "Presidential Bust of Hillary Rodham Clinton," "Knut Watches Over Germany" and "Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Part II."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'