Zach Galifianakis Spanks Justin Bieber on 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
The host also gives the pop star a stern talking-to and addresses the Anne Frank-Belieber scandal.
Justin Bieber is the latest star to appear on Zach Galifianakis' web show, Between Two Ferns.
Like other interviews in the Funny or Die series, this one features vaguely offensive questions from Galifianakis and awkward pauses and snide remarks from the guest, but the sit-down also turns violent as Galifianakis gets so fed up with Bieber's antics that he takes off his belt and spanks the pop star.
The Hangover star begins by telling Bieber, "It's really exciting to talk to you, especially in the middle of your public meltdown."
He continues to needle the young singer, referring to him as "a 7-year-old" and asking questions like "In the recording studio, do you ever think, 'What if I don't make something shitty'?" and "You've had three hairstyles: What's next for your career?"
Galifianakis also addresses Bieber's somewhat recent, controversial comment that he hoped Anne Frank would have been a Belieber.
"Did you mean that if the Nazis hadn't taken her, and she'd lived to be in her 80s, she would've liked your music, presumably due to loss of hearing?" the host asks. "Or, I think you were talking about time travel, and you think, if you could build a machine and go back to visit Anne Frank, she would've been a Belieber then."
After condemning Bieber for letting himself be filmed urinating into a bucket, Galifianakis loses it.
"You know what? I don't like your attitude to be quite honest," the host says. "You're too young to be smoking pot and pee-peeing in buckets and driving up and down the highway fast! I don't think your mom would really mind if a stranger beat her son."
With that, Galifianakis takes off his belt and spanks Bieber three times.
"I'm sorry that I did that," he says."I don't really think spanking kids is a good thing. But you're not a child. That's the point. You're not a child, so I can hit grown men with a belt."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack