Justin Bieber Speaks Out About Losing Best New Artist at Grammys
10:21 AM PST 2/14/2011 by THR staff
He says he's "disappointed" but plans to "take a few home" awards home next year.
Justin Bieber is bummed he lost Best New Artist to jazz musician Esperanza Spalding."I had no clue what was going to happen," he tells MTV News. "I worked really hard these past few years and - I am not gonna lie - I was disappointed, but I'm gonna come back next year and we'll take a few home." Shortly after Spalding's surprise upset, her Wikipiedia page was hacked, purportedly by Bieber fans. (Some changed her middle name to "Justin"; while another edit read that she won even though "no one has heard of her." Related photos: Grammys red carpet But Bieber has no problem with Spalding. Backstage, they traded compliments: "I like your hair," he said. She told him, "I like YOUR hair."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR