Justin Bieber Stops Concert in Turkey to Honor Muslim Prayer Call
Audience members took to Twitter to express their respect for the teen pop star after his well-received gesture.
Amid an international tour plagued with missteps, Justin Bieber is being recognized for doing good during Thursday’s concert in Turkey.
The pop star paused twice during his Istanbul performance to honor Azan -- the Islamic call to prayer Muslims observe five times daily.
The well-received gesture is a step in the right direction for Bieber, who drew jeers after a lighthearted comment in the visitors’ book at the Anne Frank house, lost his pet monkey to German customs and reportedly failed to present travel documents to airport officials when he and his entourage arrived in Istanbul. Last month, Bieber's tour bus was searched by authorities in Sweden, who reportedly uncovered unidentified drugs and a stun gun. No arrests were made.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR