Justin Bieber Stops Concert in Turkey to Honor Muslim Prayer Call
Audience members took to Twitter to express their respect for the teen pop star after his well-received gesture.
Amid an international tour plagued with missteps, Justin Bieber is being recognized for doing good during Thursday’s concert in Turkey.
The pop star paused twice during his Istanbul performance to honor Azan -- the Islamic call to prayer Muslims observe five times daily.
The well-received gesture is a step in the right direction for Bieber, who drew jeers after a lighthearted comment in the visitors’ book at the Anne Frank house, lost his pet monkey to German customs and reportedly failed to present travel documents to airport officials when he and his entourage arrived in Istanbul. Last month, Bieber's tour bus was searched by authorities in Sweden, who reportedly uncovered unidentified drugs and a stun gun. No arrests were made.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!