Justin Bieber Targets TMZ With April Fools' Day Joke
The Canadian crooner takes to Twitter to prank the popular gossip website.
Don't count Justin Bieber out on April Fools' Day.
“As promised taking all fan phone calls TODAY at (888) 847 9869. Talk to u soon!” the pop star posted on his official Twitter account on Monday.
But to the dismay of his 36.9 million-plus followers, callers were met with the TMZ tip line instead of Bieber's dreamy vocals. The "Boyfriend" singer eventually removed the tweet but left it up long enough for fans to take snapshots and distribute through the Internet.
Since the number is toll-free, TMZ will be footing the bill for all the Beliebers that dial in, which could ultimately make for a very expensive prank.
The question remains whether TMZ has a sense of humor, or will Bieber -- a favorite target of the paparazzi and gossipmongers -- be met with retaliation?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR