Justin Bieber Targets TMZ With April Fools' Day Joke
The Canadian crooner takes to Twitter to prank the popular gossip website.
Don't count Justin Bieber out on April Fools' Day.
“As promised taking all fan phone calls TODAY at (888) 847 9869. Talk to u soon!” the pop star posted on his official Twitter account on Monday.
But to the dismay of his 36.9 million-plus followers, callers were met with the TMZ tip line instead of Bieber's dreamy vocals. The "Boyfriend" singer eventually removed the tweet but left it up long enough for fans to take snapshots and distribute through the Internet.
Since the number is toll-free, TMZ will be footing the bill for all the Beliebers that dial in, which could ultimately make for a very expensive prank.
The question remains whether TMZ has a sense of humor, or will Bieber -- a favorite target of the paparazzi and gossipmongers -- be met with retaliation?
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least