Justin Bieber Sued for $9 Mil After Screaming Fans Damage Woman’s Hearing (Video)
The pop star allegedly "enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion," during a 2010 concert.
Loud music isn’t the only risk to your ears at a Justin Bieber concert, or so alleges a woman who attended the teen sensation’s show in 2010.
According to a $9.23 million lawsuit brought by Stacey Wilson Betts, her hearing was permanently damaged after taking her daughter to a concert in Portland, Ore., TMZ reports.
But the music wasn’t the problem. Betts claims it was the screaming of Bieber’s fans -- and his encouragement of them -- that have left her with tinnitus that makes it difficult to sleep.
The suit says Bieber entered a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola," which is when things got bad. He allegedly “created a wave-like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."
Bieber, his record label, the concert venue and the concert promoter are named in the suit.
Bieber was recently named to Forbes list of highest paid entertainers under 30, with a reported $55 million in earnings between May 2011 and May 2012.
Watch video of Bieber in the type of gondola described in the suit below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)