Justin Bieber Visits Ailing Fan in Canada
“Thanks to the fans for always pointing me on the right path,” the singer tweeted after answering a social media campaign to visit Crystal Montgomery as she undergoes cancer treatment.
TORONTO - Justin Bieber has answered another social media plea to meet a stricken fan, after on Monday visiting an Edmonton teen, Crystal Montgomery, who is undergoing cancer treatment.
Bieber visited the 18-year-old fan at the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton before playing to a sold-out concert at Rexall Place.
The pop star's visit was prompted by Montgomery's friend Joana Antunes making a Facebook plea to Bieber over the weekend to visit her.
"It would mean the world to Crystal if you stopped even five minutes to see her, since she is too sick to leave the hospital and attend the concert like her and I had originally planned,” Antunes wrote.
Bieber on Monday on his Twitter account announced: “Now off to do something that matters.”
That was followed two hours later by an instagram photo of the pop star at the bedside of Montgomery, who is battling osteosarcoma, a bone cancer.
Antunes and the rest of Montgomery’s posse took to Twitter to express their excitement over the Bieber visit, but the teen idol had the last word.
“Thanks to the fans for always pointing me on the right path,” Bieber tweeted after his hospital visit.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR