American Music Awards: Justin Bieber Joins List of Top 10 Winners of All Time
The singer has a total of 12 AMA wins over his career.
Justin Bieber's fans gave him a big win Sunday night.
The singer, who is currently on his Purpose world tour, won four American Music Awards this year, which makes him one of the top 10 AMA winners of all time.
With eight previous wins for new artist of the year (2010), favorite rock/pop album (2010, 2012), favorite pop/rock male artist (2010, 2012), artist of the year (2010, 2012) and collaboration of the year for "Where are Ü Now" (2015), Sunday night's haul puts him at 12 AMAs, tying him with Willie Nelson on the list of top 10 AMA winners.
Here is the list of top AMA winners since the show was launched in 1974.
1. Michael Jackson — 24 wins
2. Alabama — 23 wins
3. Whitney Houston — 21 wins, the most AMA wins of any female artist in history
4. Kenny Rogers, Taylor Swift — 19 wins (Swift leads the artist of the year category with three wins)
5. Garth Brooks — 17 wins; artist of the decade in 2000
6. Reba McEntire and Lionel Richie — 15 wins
7. Willie Nelson and Justin Bieber — 12 wins
8. Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder — 11 wins
9. Tim McGraw and Randy Travis — 10 wins
10. Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Olivia Newton John, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood and Luther Vandross — nine wins
Bieber also performed via satellite. Other artists performing included Niall Horan, Maroon 5 and Kendrick Lamar, James Bay, Carlos Vives, Fifth Harmony, Lady Gaga, Green Day, John Legend, Bruno Mars, Shawn Mendes, Twenty One Pilots, DJ Khaled, The Weeknd, special duets from The Chainsmokers and Halsey, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, and the American Music Award of Merit honoree and performer Sting.
The nominations for the fan-voted awards show, produced by Dick Clark Productions, were revealed earlier this month. Drake received a record 13 noms, while Rihanna had seven and Adele and Justin Bieber received five. Beyonce and The Chainsmokers followed closely behind with four and Bryson Tiller, Twenty One Pilots, Carrie Underwood, Fetty Wap and the Weeknd each had three.Check out all of the latest winners from Sunday night's show here.
The 2016 American Music Awards show, on ABC, was executive produced by Allen Shapiro and Mike Mahan, with Larry Klein, Barry Adelman and Mark Bracco serving as producers.