Justin Bieber's 'Never Say Never' Heads Past $10 Mil on Opening Day
Bieber fever has hit the box office.
Based on matinee business, it looks like Paramount's Justin Bieber: Never Say Never will gross at least $10 million Friday in a strong start for the hybrid biopic-concert film. Number could be higher once evening grosses are tallied.
The 3D movie is playing in 3,105 locations. Of those, 2,516 are 3D runs.
Never Say Never, from director Jon M. Chu, charts the meteoric rise of Justin Bieber, and his fervent young female fans.
If the $10 million figure holds, Never Say Never will come in ahead of the $8.7 million earned by Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour on its first Friday. Hannah Montana grossed $31.1 million on its opening weekend.
Never Say Never collected $2 million from 300 advance screenings on Wednesday night, with 60,000 tickets sold at $30 per person. Roughly $1 million will be counted as box office grosses; the rest will go to special merchandising handed out during the shows.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR